Self-Compassion – In fitness, training and diet, everyone has setbacks now and again. Days where life gets in the way and we miss our much needed workout, or in dealing with a stressful situation, we fall off our game and sometimes even slip into old unhealthy patterns. Set-backs happen. How do you deal with them when they happen to you? What kind of self-talk enters your mind? We are typically our own worst critic and often what we really need on bad, day or week is a bit of self-compassion. Here is a great way we can love ourselves through the bad days. Separate yourself from the set-back: Instead of negatively labeling yourself with negative “I am” statements, label the problem. For instance, turn “I am a failure” into “I’ve had a few set-backs”. Any time you apply a negative “I am” statement to yourself, immediately recognize it and reframe it. It’s not who you are. Discipline your mind to reframe the negative into positive. Self-compassion will enable you to overcome any set-back and you’ll once again be on the right track. Make today great!
- Could This be the Cause of Your Injury? November 18, 2019
- 2019 ITU Multisport World Championships – Race Report May 14, 2019
- 2018 ITU Multisport World Championships – Race Report July 18, 2018
- Evidence Based Weight Loss – Common Sense and Research Finally Meet June 15, 2018
- The Importance of Rest and Recovery for Athletic Performance and Adaptation May 24, 2018