Cindy Abrami, BS Nutrition, NASM-CPT, Pn1 Nutrition Coach, UESCA Certified Running Coach
Fitness/Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, Elite Master Runner and Multisport Athlete
Cindy Abrami first began running competitively at the age of 9. She had a natural affinity to running as a child, and when her mom suggested she join the school cross-country team, well, so it began. Running became a part of who she was and she competed all the way through school, and on club teams, and through her college years. It was a chosen lifestyle, driven by the desire to live healthier than her parents had. She lost both her parents to lifestyle related illnesses by the time she was 20. She was determined to create a different fate for herself.
As part of that transformational journey, Cindy’s passion was healthy living and healthy eating. She pursued and obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Food and Nutrition in 1991 (University of Nevada-Reno) and continued her running career without pause once her college days were complete.
The mother of two children, Cindy focused on her family while remaining active as a runner but chose not to train for competition during that time. She still jumped in a race here and there, one of which actually was a marathon but for the most part, her goals were to raise healthy kids in a growingly sedentary world, teaching them to stay active, eat right, and to strive for great and amazing things.
Cindy returned to competition when she turned 40 and was able to once again dedicate time and energy to focused training and new goals. It was during this time that she achieved all of her personal records at various race distances and added triathlon to her list of sports. Over the past several years, she has earned two individual National age group titles (USATF National Masters Road 8K Championship in 2014, USATF National Cross-Country Championships in 2016), and has been the lead runner on two National Championship teams. She has several Master course records and has competed at the Ironman 70.3 World Championships (2016), and is the 2018 and 2019 ITU Sprint Duathlon World Champion (50-54 age group).
Cindy is an NASM certified Personal Trainer, with a specialization in Corrective Exercise, an AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor and holds a specialty certification as a Les Mills BodyPump™ Instructor, and has worked for Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® for the past 8 years. She is a UESCA certified Running Coach and a certfied Precision Nutrition Coach. She also taught Physical Education at the elementary school level for the Santa Barbara Unified School District. She is a natural leader and motivator and is driven to helping others achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle, through fitness and proper diet. Her main conviction is to keep things simple and factual, to stick to what is effective and easy to maintain. Since achieving her nutrition degree she has remained steadfast in this endeavor, not falling into the traps of the “nutrition trend of the year.”
As a highly self-motivated individual, Cindy focuses on directing and supporting others in pursuit of their health, fitness and nutrition goals. She works with athletes who are seeking higher performance, as well as, clients with weight loss and weight management goals. If you are ready to really change your life and your future, to set yourself on a transformational journey, to take hold of your fate and make real and lasting changes, you’ve landed in the right place. Welcome to The Wellness Movement Santa Barbara where our goal is to create a community-wide movement, getting everyone moving and moving in the right direction!
Qualifications and Achievements
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Nutrition (University of Nevada-Reno, 1991)
- Certified Personal Trainer (National Academy of Sports Medicine, 2017)
- Certified Group Fitness Instructor (Athletics and Fitness Association of America, 2017)
- Certified Group Instructor (Les Mills BodyPump™, 2017)
- Certified Schwinn Indoor Cycling Instructor (2018)
- TRX® Certified Trainer (2018)
- Precision Nutrition® Certified Nutrition Coach (2018)
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM-CES) (2018)
- UESCA Certified Running Coach (2019)
- Human Movement Specialist (Brookbush Institute 2020)
Elite Athlete – Runner, Triathlete, Duathlete (40+ years of experience)
- ITU Sprint Duathlon World Champion 2019 (50-54)
- ITU Sprint Duathlon World Champion 2018 (50-54)
- 2 x National Age Group Champion (USATF 8 K Championships 2014, USATF XC Championships 2016)
- National Age Group Champion and World Championship Qualifier (USAT National Duathlon Championships 2017)
- Ironman 70.3 World Qualifier
- Nevada State Champion (High School) 1600 meters (1986)
Personal Bests (all achieved after the age of 40):
- Road Mile – 4:57
- 3000 meters (track) – 10:25
- 5K – 17:46
- 4 Mile – 23:15
- 8K – 29:38
- 10K – 37: 30
- 15K – 58:46
- Half Marathon – 1:23
- 2012, 2013, 2014 SBAA Grand Prix Grand Champion
- 2013 SBAA Grand Prix First Overall Champion
- 2013 Santa Barbara Lifestyle Sports Female Athlete of the Year
- 2016 Santa Barbara Round Table Open Athlete of the Year
- 2016 Semana Nautica Athlete of the Year
Get Connected. Stay Connected.
The Wellness Movement USA is a nationwide community of athletes and active adults. Join our monthly newsletter to receive news of upcoming programs, science based training and diet tips, and much more!
We're Your Tribe!
Take Control of your health, fitness and Lifestyle today!
Questions, comments, set up a goal setting session!
We're here to help! How may we serve you today?